Blacky *Romance Addict*'s Reviews > Lover Eternal

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"I want to get you hot. Hot enough so you don't feel anything but me. So you don't think of anything but what I'm doing to you.
I want you liquid.

I loved this book! Rhage is definitely one of the guys at the top of the BDB fav list <3 Uber-hot, and such an amazing hero! A total must-read!

The story

After meeting a boy who looks to be a pretransitioned vampire, Bella decides to take him to the Brotherhood, along with her neighbor Mary, who knows the kid and can translate for him. The kid, John Matthew, is mute, and doesn't know anything about himself or his parents, and is practically living on the streets. Mary wants to help him, so she agrees to go with him to the "training facility", not knowing it is in fact the Brotherhood's safe house.
The brothers recognize him as one of their own, with a warrior name of Tehrror.
On the first visit with John, Mary meets Rhage, the most beautiful man she's ever seen, who, for some reason, is drawn to her like crazy.
Even though Rhage knows he can't make any commitment to a woman like Mary, he needs to have her, whatever it takes.
After a few dates, kisses and memory wipes, Rhage is torn between his emotions and his loyalty to the Brotherhood. He needs to protect Mary, and wants to be with her, even though that is against the rules.
Luckily, Rhage was never one to follow them ;)

"I’m a vampire. I’m a warrior. I’m a dangerous beast.
At the end of this evening, you aren’t going to remember you ever met me.
And the idea of not even being a memory of yours makes me feel like I’ve been stabbed in the chest."

The story - I loved the Rhage/Mary romance. Loved! It was very emotional and beautiful, most of all, very HOT indeed :D
There are several new storylines included, the one about John Matthew, a new character, and we are introduced to Bella, the heroine from the third book :)

The writing - we get multiple POVs, from the MCs and now the new characters, John and Bella, as well as Butch and maybe a few others, don't remember all of them :) Anyway, for me that's just a bonus, never liked just the one-person-POV, so...

The hotness - OMG this book is uber-hot! Rhage is really REALLY direct and says what's on his mind, usually everything sexy ahahhahahhaha but yeah, schorching-hot!

The cliffhanger - it has nothing to do with Rhage and Mary, but still, my advice is to have the third book already open on the first page 'cause you won't be able to stop yourself from reading it ASAP!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“I will not fall in love with you,” she said. “I can’t let myself. I won’t.”
“That’s all right. I’ll love you enough for the both of us.”

Mary has been ill for some time, and now her leukemia is back. She's afraid of the treatments and knows what's waiting for her.
Having low self esteem because of her physical condition, she can't think of any possible reason why would Rhage be interested in her. She constantly pushes him back and thinks he's making fun of her, or that he just wants to be friends.

Even though she made me want to kick her at some points in the book, I really liked Mary :)
She is a strong character, despite her illness, she's used to taking care of herself, and doesn't lean on anyone for support.
She really likes Rhage, but doesn't think he wants to be with her, and I have to say I just love that scene when she found out that he's a vampire :D
Anyway, she's not one for crying and moping, and I liked that too :D
I think my fav scene with her is when she pets the beast on the head :DDD

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"What you just had is nothing compared to what I want to do to you. I want my head between your legs so I can lick you until you scream my name. Then I want to mount you like an animal and look into your eyes as I come inside of you. And after that? I want to take you every way there is. I want to do you from behind. I want to screw you standing up, against the wall. I want you to sit on my hips and ride me until I can’t breathe."

Rhage was cursed by the Scribe Virgin to transform into a huge terrible beast whenever he goes out of control.
To prevent the beast from getting out, he uses fighting and sex to release his frustrations.
Even though everyone envies him for being such a hit with the women, Rhage just feels hollow because of it, there is no real enjoyment in it for him, just means to an end.
That is, until he meets Mary :)
He's shocked by the attraction he feels because he hasn't felt it before for anyone, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to be with her, even though it seems that she's not very interested in him XD

Rhage is one of my favorite Brothers <3 I adore him!
I couldn't help but sympathize with him, and feel sorry when he went on the sex prowl :((( He is sick and tired of that life, but must keep doing it to prevent the best from coming out, and possibly hurting the people he cared about, the Brotherhood.
He meets Mary and can't stay away from her, and the more time they spend together, the more he realises she is meant for him, and he wants to bond with her.
The only problem is Mary shutting him down, and not trusting him.
But the end! Oh the end made me love him, what he did was just... Beautiful! I cried at that part, it was so emotional <3
He deserved his happy end, and the way it was made, just how it was meant to be :)))

My favorite quotes from other characters:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Last night, I…ah…I drove out to Marissa’s brother’s house. I don’t even know how the Escalade got there. I mean, the last thing I need is to run into her, you feel me?”
“Let me guess. You waited around in hopes of catching a—”
“In the bushes, Rhage. I sat in the bushes. Under her bedroom window.”
“Wow. That’s…”
“Yeah. In my old life I could have arrested me for stalking.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“My twin’s not broken. He’s ruined. Do you understand the difference? With broken, maybe you can fix things. Ruined? All you can do is wait to bury him.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Don’t touch me. I can’t…I can’t stand to be touched, okay? It hurts.”
Bella stopped.
“Why?” she said softly. “Why does it—”
“Just get the fuck out of here, please.” He could barely get the words out. “I’m about to destroy something. And I don’t want it to be you.”
“You won’t hurt me.”
He closed his eyes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“Did it hurt you to do this to him?” she demanded softly, knowing Vishous hadn’t left. “Tell me it hurt you.”
She heard a whispering of cloth. When she glanced over her shoulder, Vishous had taken off his shirt. On his muscular chest there was a fresh wound, a slice, as if a blade had cut into his skin.
“It killed each one of us.”

------------------------

V’s diamond eyes, usually so calm, were narrow and pissed off. “When I say I’m never wrong, I’m not on an ego trip. Seeing the future is a goddamned curse, my brother. You think I like knowing how everyone’s going to die?”

Rhage is like, totally hot, you feel me?

106 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Eternal.

Quotes Blacky *Romance Addict* Liked

J.R. Ward
“The front door flew open, and Mary shot out of the house, jumping off the porch, not even bothering with the steps to the ground. She ran over the frost-laden grass in her bare feet and threw herself at him, grabbing on to his neck with both arms. She held him so tightly his spine cracked.

She was sobbing. Bawling. Crying so hard her whole body was shaking.

He didn't ask any questions, just wrapped himself around her.

I'm not okay," she said hoarsely between breaths. "Rhage...I'm not okay.”

J.R. Ward
“All I know is, she's a pounding in my chest that I can't ignore. . . hell, that I don't WANT to ignore. [Rhage]”

J.R. Ward
“What is your name?" she murmured.
He cocked an eyebrow at her and then went back to staring at his brother. "I'm the evil one, in case you haven't figured it out."
"I wanted your name, not your calling."
"Being a bastard's more of a compulsion, really. And it's Zsadist. I am Zsadist.”

J.R. Ward
“He wanted to give her another word to say, something like luscious or whisper or strawberry. Hell, antidisestablishmentarianism would do it.”

J.R. Ward
“I will not fall in love with you," she said. "I can't let myself. I won't."

"That's all right. I'll love you enough for the both of us.”

J.R. Ward
“Fine. If I can't have you, then you do the taking. Have all of me, part of me, a small piece, whatever you want. Just please, have something.”

J.R. Ward
“What you just had is nothing compared to what I want to do to you. I want my head between your legs so I can lick you until you scream my name. Then I want to mount you like an animal and look into your eyes as I come inside you. And after that? I want to take you every way there is. I want to do you from behind. I want to screw you standing up, against the wall. I want you to sit on my hips and ride me until I can't breath. - Rhage to Mary”

J.R. Ward
“I am barren of words. For no sounds from my mouth are worthy of your hearing”

J.R. Ward
“You're some freaky shit, my brother. You really are”

J.R. Ward
“I can’t… I find that I can’t concentrate. On anything. I can’t really…” Rhage’s eyes drifted to Zsadist. “How do you live with it? All the anger. The pain. The…”

J.R. Ward
“How can you stand to have me near you?" "The only thing I can't handle is your leaving.”

J.R. Ward
“The rejection didn't faze him. "Fine. If I can't have you, then you do the taking. Have all of me, part of me, a small piece, whatever you want. Just please, have something.”

J.R. Ward
“I'm not cock-blocking for kicks and giggles. The mothership called”
J.R. Ward, Lover Eternal

07/01/2012 "OMG! There's a Bella here! Is she the one for Z? *squeal*" 5 comments
07/01/2012 ""In the bushes, Rhage. I sat in the bushes. Under her bedroom window."

"Wow. That's…"

"Yeah. In my old life I could have arrested me for stalking."

ahahahahahhaha man I'm loving this XDXD"
03/17/2013
1.0% "

Rhage <3 <3 <3

" 32 comments
03/17/2013
32.0% ""I don't want to stop, Mary." His thumbs caressed the skin of her throat and they pressed into her jaw and angled her head back.
I want you liquid.

" 34 comments

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ YAAAAY!! Another one down, you going straight on to Z now?

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lol I already started reading Z, but gotta go to sleep now or I'll go blind XD just FYI I LOVE him!! Damn! I really didn't think this would be this good!

message 3: by AJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

AJ I'm so glad that you're loving it!!!

Aestas Book Blog Me too!! I was on cloud 9 for the days when I read this series! Sooo addictive!

skyline haha, 2 down, 8 more to go LOL...

Blacky *Romance Addict* well review is here, now I gotta finish the 3rd book <3

Brit Interesting... I've only read the first one (didn't hate it) so now I'm intrigued to keep going!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Well I read the first one and it was great, but the second is awsomeeee, and the third is to die for!!! I guess it'll just keep getting better and better

Brit Blacky wrote: "Well I read the first one and it was great, but the second is awsomeeee, and the third is to die for!!! I guess it'll just keep getting better and better"

well, I guess I know what I'll be reading this 4th

Lily (Lily Pond Reads) this series looks sooo good

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lily!!! OMG this series is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY AMAZING WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy Fab review Blacky! I lurve these gorgeous, super, uber, alpha vamps! ;) Are you getting ready for the new book coming at the end of the month?

Sammy Loves Books Wonderful Review Blacky!!! I LOVE Rhage!!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Awesome review Blacky and the art… just beautiful!

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) So glad you're loving these books, Blacky. Enjoy!

Ivana S. Awesome review Blacky:) This one sounds great, can't wait to read it myself.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Another great review Blacky!

Lili Awesome review Blacky! Never would I have thought I'd enjoy PNR as much, until this series. I need to start book 4 soon!

Tina Thanks for this great review. It brought it all right back to me!

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Great review Blacky! I hate myself for not reading PNR because you guys love this series ;) x

message 21: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Rosalinda, we should give the PNR a try sometime .. because these reviews make we want to read them.

Joy (Cheery♡Reads) Great review Blacky!

One of my favourite in the series too! I've read Rhage and Mary's story so many times in paperback, ebook and audio format. I was that addicted to it. Haha~

Rhage's such a sweetheart and so funny ♡

Maria My favourite book from the series after Butch ofcource :D I have read it as ebook audiobook as well bought the paperpack and even grab the book again when it was released in my own language.. what can i say?

message 24: by Glamdring (new) - added it

Glamdring Great review, Blacky! :)

You make me want to re read them!! :((((

Susanne Fab review, Blacky!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Wendy wrote: "Fab review Blacky! I lurve these gorgeous, super, uber, alpha vamps! ;) Are you getting ready for the new book coming at the end of the month?"

Thanks Wendy! Yes I'm re-reading the whole series before the new book <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* Sammy wrote: "Wonderful Review Blacky!!! I LOVE Rhage!!!"

Thanks Sammy :D Yeah I know you do <3 He's awesome <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* ★SueBee★ wrote: "Awesome review Blacky and the art… just beautiful!"

Thanks very much SueBee :))

Blacky *Romance Addict* Kristen wrote: "So glad you're loving these books, Blacky. Enjoy!"

Thank you Kristen :) Yes it's so much better to read it again, just amazing <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* Ivana wrote: "Awesome review Blacky:) This one sounds great, can't wait to read it myself."

Thanks Ivana :)) Oh you simply have to read it! BDB series is the best!!!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Another great review Blacky!"

Thanks very much Sandi :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lili wrote: "Awesome review Blacky! Never would I have thought I'd enjoy PNR as much, until this series. I need to start book 4 soon!"

Thank you Lili!
Yeah i was the same way, this was one of my first PNRs and I was shock by how much I loved it!
Happy reading with book 4, it's really good, but book 5 is amazing! You'll see <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* Tina*BildungsromanBolsterer* wrote: "Thanks for this great review. It brought it all right back to me!"

Thank you and you're welcome :))) I'm glad I'm doing my re-read cause now I can finally write proper reviews for these books <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* Rosalinda wrote: "Great review Blacky! I hate myself for not reading PNR because you guys love this series ;) x"

Thanks very much! Sorry you don't read PNR Rosa :S I hope you'll give it a try one day :)))

Blacky *Romance Addict* Mo wrote: "Rosalinda, we should give the PNR a try sometime .. because these reviews make we want to read them."

Mo, definitely! Try it :))) It may sound like a freaky genre, but there are some amazing books out there :)))))

Blacky *Romance Addict* Joy (Cheery♡Reads) wrote: "Great review Blacky!

Rhage's such a sw..."

I read all the books only once :((((((( So I'm very happy to be doing a re-read now :)
And yes, he is totally sweet and funny, PLUS he's hot as hell :DDD ehehehehehe

Blacky *Romance Addict* Maria wrote: "My favourite book from the series after Butch ofcource :D I have read it as ebook audiobook as well bought the paperpack and even grab the book again when it was released in my own language.. what ..."

Ehehehehehe :DDD Yeah it's a great book, definitely :)))) but for me it's a problem cause I don't like the versions in my language :(((( it all sounds freaky! I love the English versions too much <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* Glamdring wrote: "Great review, Blacky! :)

You make me want to re read them!! :(((("

Thanks Glam!!! LOL sorry :DDDD

Blacky *Romance Addict* Susanne wrote: "Fab review, Blacky!"

Lili Blacky wrote: "Lili wrote: "Awesome review Blacky! Never would I have thought I'd enjoy PNR as much, until this series. I need to start book 4 soon!"

Thank you Lili!
Yeah i was the same way, this was one of my ..."

Thanks Blacky ;)

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Another fabulous review Blacky... that quote by Butch hahaha... how can you not love him :)

Bonnie Awesome review! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series!

Lili Blacky, you should open up a big BR like you did with Cut & Run.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Vika wrote: "Another fabulous review Blacky... that quote by Butch hahaha... how can you not love him :)"

Ahahahha Thanks Vika and yeah you're right, I find an awesome quote by him in every book :DDDD

Blacky *Romance Addict* Bonnie wrote: "Awesome review! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series!"

Thanks Bonnie :))) Same here!! Totally love the series <3

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lili wrote: "Blacky, you should open up a big BR like you did with Cut & Run."

LMAO :DDD

But who would read it???? CR was talked about before the series so I knew there would be a lot of people :D

Lili I think this series has such a big fan base, a lot people would join. Plus, with your many followers - shoot you could easily find a big group :))

Blacky *Romance Addict* :((( but woman that would take away a HUGE bunch of my time :(((((((( I died with the C&R group ahahahhahahhahaha it's almost dead I think ahahahhahahahhahah

Lili That's very true :( I didn't take into consideration all the work it takes.

message 50: by Melody (last edited Mar 19, 2013 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melody Great review, Blacky! I love this book too even though I'm not a fan of J.R. Ward.

« previous 1