Carol's Reviews > Loyalty Binds Me

Loyalty Binds Me by Joan Szechtman

Jun 03, 2012

Read in June, 2012

This book continues the story of 15th Century English King Richard III who has been brought to the present day by scientists working on time travel. On a trip to England with his present day wife, two adopted children and his 15th Century son Edward, he is pursued by both the U.S. FBI and British intelligence who seek to prove his true identity and charge him with murder and treason.

The author has been skillful in weaving in the history of Richard III - both as it was dramatized by Shakespeare and as it has been researched by Ricardian scholars. I imagine there's enough history (and accuracy) to satisfy Ricardians, there's also enough science fiction and action to please those of us who are not.

I read this not realizing it was the second in a series of books that blends history (King Richard III) and science fiction (time travel). Even though it was second in the series, the book could stand alone. There was sufficient back story to bring me up to speed but not so much as to be tedious.

I enjoyed the read enough to go back and pick up the first book in the series and to look forward to the third book which I understand is a work in progress.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loyalty Binds Me.