Katie's Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: fiction, young-adult
Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Ugh. This book pissed me off so hard. I HATED the main character. Half the time, while I was reading, I was thinking, wtf, you stupid whore!?! Violet Eden (HORRIBLE NAME!) was a whiney, bitchy, selfish, unlikeable heroine. She was supposedly madly in love with Linc, finds out he's hiding something from her (and that it wasn't even his choice, so it's not entirely his fault) and then she goes and falls into the arms of douchebag Phoenix, an exiled angel, and it doesn't even occur to her to ask if he's good or bad. WHYYYYY wouldn't it occur to her to ask if he's good or bad?! I mean, seriously! And turns out, not only is he bad, he's also manipulative and rapey. Once she lost her virginity to Phoenix, I was just done with her. I mean, seriously. She's making out with Phoneix, thinking of Linc, and Phoenix KNOWS she's thinking about Linc, and yet they still do the deed? They're BOTH dumb whores! I just pretty much skimmed the rest of the book after that. It was a chore to finish it because I hated the main character so much.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.