Mike's Reviews > Grouped: How Small Groups of Friends Are the Key to Influence on the Social Web

Grouped by Paul   Adams

M_50x66
Jun 03, 12

Paul Adams worked at Google during the formative days of Google+. He recognized that everyone involved with social media is trying to figure out how it works and why we're drawn to it. He put together a fairly massive slide stack in 2009-2010 or so that provided his insights to that point.it lead to a book. It also led to him being recruited by Facebook. When he decided to leave Google for Facebook, his earlier book had not even published. Google went to court to stop publication, citing trade secrets gleaned as a employee of the firm. They successfully blocked publication.

Now at Facebook, Adams wrote Grouped, which examines the nature of human networks and how social media works best and is most satisfying when it conforms to our naturally developed networks.

I downloaded the slide stack (you can probably find it by Googling "Paul Adams Slide stack) and bought the book a few weeks later.

It's fascinating stuff if you're trying to understand he ways that social media might be used to communicate and spread ideas.

Really liked this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grouped.