Donna's Reviews > The World's Creepiest Places

The World's Creepiest Places by Bob Curran

Jun 03, 12

Who does not like to be frightened? Why do we all stand in line to ride the 'thrill' rides at amusement parks?
This book does not disappoint. Bob Curran delivers a wonderful compilation of the 'creepiest places' around the world. He explains the folklore of each place in an objective manner.

He begins the book with a story of a decrepit home near his apartment. It is a worn down old house. He is led to believe a murder may have taken place there. After this information, the author explains that the house takes on a more sinister appearance. He later finds that no such murder occurs. Someone purchases the house and restores it. Point? Perception is everything.

The cover of this book alone is enough to put the reader into the right frame of mind to read this book. A creepy old home, surrounded by moonlight and fog. Love the cover. Loved the book. I love to read about scary places. As I read, I could almost hear a dark, deep voice reading along with me. Narrating the passages.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys folklore or just a fun creepy story. The book is broken into sections. Each section tells the story of a scary, spooky place. Cemeteries, houses, castles, and morbid, bizarre people. Some you may have heard of, some will be completely new to you. Read it on a dark night for the full effect! A fun and enjoyable read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World's Creepiest Places.