Jenny's Reviews > Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!: Words and Pictures by Mo Willems

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems

F_50x66
Jul 23, 07

Recommended for: Those working with 2-5s
Read in January, 2005

A short but snappy story from popular cartoonist Mo Willems. 'Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus' is guaranteed to leave you with a big smile on your face! I am not ashamed to say that this story brought out the dramatist in me as I read it out loud to a mother and toddler group!

The best part had to be the glorious double page spread of illustrations showing all of the pigeon's techniques to convince you to let him drive the bus... "Your MUM said that I could...", "I'll give you five pounds!" (dramatic gestures and voices compulsory).

I won't give away whether the pigeon actually got his own way-you'll have to read the story to find that out! However I will say that I found this book to be a pleasant surprise; simple, modern, comical and originally designed. A definite winner with children and adults alike :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!.