Michelle's Reviews > Rescue Me

Rescue Me by Rachel Gibson

Jun 03, 12

Read on June 03, 2012 — I own a copy

I’ve been a huge fan of Rachel Gibson’s for years. She writes such funny, heart wrenching, sexy contemporary romances that I rush to the bookstore every year for her new book. Even though her past couple books I had thought lost a little bit of their magic, I will purchase everything that she releases because I have faith she’ll get the mojo back that I love. I thought that this title, Rescue Me, was well on the road to being just what I loved from Ms. Gibson and why I keep buying her (and rereading my favorites). Sadie is the only child of late-in-life parents who, after the death of her mom, never really connected with her father. Now that she’s back in her small Texas home town for a cousin’s wedding, she has to face the town and family she left behind when she left fifteen years ago. Vince is a retired military man making his way in to town to visit his aunt and, after some car troubles, is introduced to Sadie. The attraction is there but both know they are not looking for forever. When their one night stand turns in to multiple nights, can their casual relationship continue when deeper feelings and emotions are introduced?

I loved the build in the relationship between Vince and Sadie. I also just loved their town! It was the right mix of overbearing, gossipy neighbors and welcoming, well-meaning individuals. Just a warning, I was enjoying this by the pool so when we were hit with the emotional sledgehammer, I was crying while enjoying the sun. And sometimes the emotional gut wrench makes a book so much better. Great read and I really hope there’s more coming just like this!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescue Me.