Jon's Reviews > And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

May 08, 13

bookshelves: mystery, fiction, read-in-my-40s, loved-it
Read from December 22 to 23, 2008, read count: 1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then There Were None.

12/22/2008 page 1
12/22/2008 page 26
9.45% "In the middle of chapter 2, where the guests are taking the boat to Indian Island"
12/23/2008 page 68
24.73% "Starting Chapter V - First victim end of last chapter." 1 comment
12/23/2008 page 109
39.64% "Starting Chapter VIII - two down, eight little Indians to go"
12/23/2008 page 177
64.36% "In the middle of chapter XI, six little Indians left and I'm beginning to suspect who the last one will be."
12/23/2008 page 256
93.09% "And then there were none - in the middle of the Epilogue" 2 comments
12/23/2008 page 275
100.0% "Finished - and it was my second guess." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mary JL I've read a lot of Agatha Christie and I feel this is one of her two best (the other is Murder on the Orient Express". Agatha Christie was a very prolific writer and some of her books--she wrote over 80--are not very good and some were good but are dated.

However, I suspect this one will be read as long as the mystery genre is read. It is fantastic.

message 2: by Jon (new) - added it

Jon I am really looking forward to reading this one. It's definitely one I want to finish next weekend.

message 3: by Brad (last edited Dec 24, 2008 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Brad I liked this book too. I would add Death on the Nile to the mix that Mary JL mentioned, though. I always loved that story, but then I was a sucker for Hercule Poirot when I was a kid.

message 4: by Jon (last edited May 31, 2010 07:27AM) (new) - added it

Jon Just posted this paperback edition to my BookMooch inventory (unreserved so snag it now): http://bookmooch.com/m/detail/0312979479

Happy Mooching!

Jon

Mooched this morning. Thanks!

Jillian I was confused too when I didn't know who the murderer was. There's a part right after the epilogue that explains the whole thing. It's definitely a shocker. Read that part and it will make sense.