Giuseppe Maxia's Reviews > The Leopard

The Leopard by Jo Nesbø

Jun 18, 12

Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I finished this book out of respect for the author, who has given me much pleasure with his previous Harry Hole stories.
But I am very disappointed. The story is unbelievable at so many levels, that I feel sorry for the author.

Harry is taken out of retirement only to find that there is a rivalry between police forces and he can't investigate anything, except by stealth. Then he ends up being employed and dismissed by the rival agency, where nobody else seems to have a grain of intuition or investigative acumen, except when Harry is in the vicinity.

I could live with that, but then the breakthrough comes from the help of a former policewoman who is patient in a mental institution and apparently the only person who can use a computer, the crime turns out to have been organized by someone who wanted to get revenge for an old tort and executed by someone who had no idea of what was going on, only that he had to commit the murders in a most sadistic way. And finally, the organizer walks free and the murderer is stopped in the nick of time after Harry pulls a Lethal Weapon act to free himself from the death trap.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Leopard.