Nancy (The Avid Reader)'s Reviews > Malaysia Outbreak

Jun 30, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: b-m-hodges, read-in-2012
Read from June 19 to 22, 2012

Abigail Tan is a twenty year old who is a proud Singaporean whose parents are Chinese with many Indonesian ancestors. Abigail and her best friend Jamie enter and are chosen as one of the 6 teams on a reality tv show called Cera’s Amazing Rally Showdown, CARS for short. A reality tv show where they race across the Malaysian Peninsula. They have competitions, checkpoints and eliminations. The grand prize is a million dollars. If they win their plan or Abi's plan is to use the money to buy a condo that they can share. The plan is for them to travel and meet different guys in all the places that they visit.

They will be racing through The Zombie Zone. Malaysia has been over run by zombies. Maylaysian called the zombie's 'Berjalan penyakit' in English it means the 'walking infection'. Everyone in the Zombie Zone has been evacuated or has succumbed to the fever. The zombies in Zombie Fever are a little different than the zombies in The Walking Dead or movies that you see on tv. These zombies are a lot faster and they seem to have retained some of their intelligences if you can call it that.

I didn't think that I would enjoy Zombie Fever as much as I did when I saw that it was about a reality show and racing at that. But it was a very exicting, adrenline rushing read that I enjoyed very much. I was rooting for Abi and Jamie in all the compititions. It was like I was on the side line yelling go Abi, go Jamie. You wanted to help them out telling them where to go to find what they were looking for.

I received a copy of ZOMBIE FEVER: MALAYSIA OUTBREAK by B.M. Hodges from LibraryThing for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malaysia Outbreak.