Narek Mughnetsyan's Reviews > Forgotten Fire

Forgotten Fire by Adam Bagdasarian

Jun 03, 12

Read in May, 2012

I chose this book because it was a project for my English class and I was supposed to read and analyze the book with three other people. Vahan Kenderian is the son of one of the wealthiest families in all of Turkey and now is thrown out of his house and witnesses the murders of his family members. He goes through pain and suffering most people can’t even begin to imagine. My favorite quote from the book was “The problem with loneliness is that, unlike other forms of human suffering, it teaches us nothing, leads us nowhere, and generally devalues us in our own eyes and the eyes of others.” This quote shows how bad being lonely is and what kind of suffering Vahan goes through. Most of us get lonely after being alone for a couple of hours, Vahan stays alone for days with no one to share his thoughts with or just have some sort of company. One unique style that the author used was how the suspense of the story never stopped; sometimes I was so into the book that I couldn’t put it down. I loved reading this whole book every chapter was meaningful and different. As an Armenian I had always heard stories concerning the Genocide but I had never read a book that had so much detail of one person’s suffering in a book. I would recommend this book to people who like historical-fiction but also are not scared of some gruesome action.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten Fire.