Jacqui's Reviews > So Pretty It Hurts

So Pretty It Hurts by Kate White

Jun 02, 2012

bookshelves: thriller-mystery

I recently had the opportunity to preview Ms. Kate White's "So Pretty it Hurts" mystery. The main character is Ms. Bailey Weggins, which I am sure Ms. White's loyal readers are delighted to see back in action, since this is I believe her sixth novel with Bailey.

Bailey is a legitimate true crime writer who also has a position writing for a celebrity rag breaking stories on Hollywood types involved with sensational crimes or encounters with law enforcement. The plot begins with Bailey's boyfriend being out of town which allows her to accept an invitation to a country estate for the weekend, where she will be surrounded by actors, models and promoters, the usual celebrity stereotypes.

Well one doesn't have to wait long for the action to begin; a famous model transitioning to the music industry mysteriously dies and the game is on. I thought for a while this was going to be an Agatha Christie "lite" type of novel, however, that was not the case. Ms. White has her own style and develops the characters and the plot in a compelling page turning manner. This is the first time I have been exposed to Ms. White's work and I would look forward to reading the other novels in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Pretty It Hurts.