Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > Embrace Me at Dawn

Jun 02, 12

bookshelves: authorreviews, guiltypleasures-angeline
Read in June, 2012

Angeline's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Epic. Bloody brilliant. That sums up my review of Shayla Black’s Embrace Me At Dawn. In short, Book #5 in the Doomsday Brethren series blew me away. I have loved this series from the beginning. It continues to get better and even more ingrained in my heart with each book.

Anka has suffered so much. She fought hard for her happily ever after. She deserves nothing but goodness in her life. Lucan loves her like no other. He will do anything to get her back and keep her. Shock cares deeply for Anka. They have been best friends for centuries and that cannot be easily erased. Two rivals, but only one can be the mate of her heart.

I cannot do any sort of summarization without giving spoilers. I’ve been trying for days. Since, I refuse to give spoilers in a review; I will tell you this. Wow. Just wow.

I know, I know. I gave you nothing. I don’t want to ruin it for you. I fell more in love with Shock, Lucan and Anka with each passing page. So many past hurts were resolved. We get to see all of the Brethren and most of their mates. While, many questions have been answered there is still so much to look forward to.

If you are new to the Doomsday Brethren series, please start at the beginning. The magical world Ms. Black has created is nothing short of magnificent. You will not be disappointed in reading them all in order. Hot wizards and witches fighting evil and saving magickind, what’s not to love? The depth of the characters and their journey’s make this story and series one of the best paranormal series I have ever read. Ms. Black is a very talented author who brings us into her Doomsday world and doesn’t let us go. I love being there!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace Me at Dawn.

message 1: by Smut Junkie (new) - added it

Smut Junkie FU*******************! You're killing me!! I'm waiting for the print version to add to my series.....I just have to distract myself with other books until the print version releases!