Christopher's Reviews > Tricked

Tricked by Kevin Hearne

Jun 05, 12

Read from June 02 to 03, 2012

Where to start..
I was turned on to this series by a friend of mine, citing similarities with The Dresden Files. From the first book, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about the life of Atticus, although I would say that this is the weakest book in the series so far.
That is not to say that it was a bad book. The witty dialog between Atticus and Oberon is still present, perhaps even better than before, and the tone is the same as the other books. The reason I did not enjoy this book as much as the others is most likely due to the events of the book, or perhaps I should say 'lack' of events. In the previous three book every page was crammed with plot furthering delight. I'm currently thinking back on what I've just finished and can essentially sum up what took Hearne 370 pages in about 1 paragraph. Trying to keep this as spoiler free as possible, but the interaction with Leif took so little time, it almost seemed like it was an afterthought. I believe what was finished in about 30 pages could have easily been an entire book by itself, especially how the 'boss' of that chapter was handled.
All in all the book was good, and it definitely helped set up for the next book. There needed to be a way for Atticus to finally pony up and do what he had promised, but I wonder if it really needed to be tacked on to this story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tricked.