Kaitlin's Reviews > Flat-Out Love

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

Jun 02, 12

bookshelves: 2012-favorites, chick-lit, ya-chick-lit
Read in March, 2012

I flat-out love this book (that line's probably been used, get over it). I couldn't even BELIEVE the story that Jessica Park spun here. I thought Julie was just an amazing, bright personality from the get-go. Loved that it took place in Boston. Loved that it started with a Craigslist scam (I mean, that sucks, but it hit close to home so I was immediately captivated). I know the L-word is getting kind of repetitive here, but that's just how strongly I feel about this book. It's one I plan to read time & time again.

I was immediately drawn to Matt, his quirky personality was absolutely adorable (or, dare I say adorkable?). Then Finn had an untouchable charm since Julie only knew him through Facebook chats and funny statuses. It's interesting to see how Julie's relationships evolve, from strangers to part of the family.

This book made me fall in love with Matt and Finn, feel like I was part of the Watkins family, laugh out loud (or LQTM, laugh quietly to myself), and sympathize with what this family and Julie went through. This book is extremely impressive. Jessica Park is awesome, hands down, obsessed with this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flat-Out Love.

Quotes Kaitlin Liked

Jessica Park
“If you can't stop thinking about someone's update, that's called "status cling.”

Jessica Park
“Then she did what any girl would do: she Googled him.”

Jessica Park
Wanted to give you a heads up: I heard that Flat Finn sustained an injury the other day. Nothing major, though. Something to do with Matt, a steaming iron, and maniacal shouts of, “There are no wrinkles allowed in this house! You may be flat, but you’re not smooth enough yet for this family!”