Kevis Hendrickson's Reviews > Aria

Aria by Allison M. Dickson

Jun 05, 12

Read from June 02 to 04, 2012

Okay, it's official. Ms. Dickson has turned out to be the one of the best new authors I've discovered. Aria is one of those books that you need to read just to see what weirdness the author will throw at you. I defy anyone to say her books are predictable!

One of the reasons I think I'm drawn to the author's books is because the characters in her stories suck me in. These are people with quirks, flaws, and a host of other attributes that make them not only interesting, but relatable. Once things in the story start to take a turn, you find yourself flipping pages anxious to see how matters play out. That's good storytelling folks.

Aria is the third short story I've read by the author and it's clear that she's the closest thing to a sure shot as I'm likely to encounter nowadays. Now pardon me. I'm off to download her next book! ;)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aria.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new) - added it

Allison Dickson Thank you, Kevis! Man, I'm feeling very confident all of a sudden. I've always hated this story of mine, but if you like it, maybe I'm willing to revise my opinion of it a bit. hahaha!

message 2: by Kevis (last edited Jun 06, 2012 09:50AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kevis Hendrickson Allison wrote: "Thank you, Kevis! Man, I'm feeling very confident all of a sudden. I've always hated this story of mine, but if you like it, maybe I'm willing to revise my opinion of it a bit. hahaha!"

Aria's a great story, Allison. One of the things that I love about your books is that you don't repeat yourself. It's a trap authors easily fall into. You've got great range. The three stories I've read from you so far play out like dramas even though they're horror tales. I'm both a drama fiend and a fan of spooky tales. So for me, it doesn't get much better than what you're cooking up! ;)