Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews's Reviews > Deadly Sting

Read on March 14, 2013

Genre* Urban Fantasy
Rating* 4.0

*Review*

Deadly Sting is a very interesting addition to the Elemental Assassin series. You should all know by now that this just happens to be my favorite series. If you haven't well pay attention! ::grin:: At times it's a little over the top because Gin is a dual threat and powerful Stone and Ice Elemental who just happens to own the Pork Pit BBQ Restaurant, has defeated numerous threats to her personal body, and has tried to retire as the assassin known as the Spider.

At other times, Gin slips into a dreamlike state and has flashbacks about her time with Fletcher Lane who trained her to become an assassin and was later killed in the first book of this series. She also believes that there is something dark and dangerous stirring that will eventually take her down. We can only hope that dream does not come true and Gin can walk away into the sunset and finally find piece of mind.

Deadly Sting begins a month after the infamous situation between Gin and Owen after the events of Widow's Web. If you haven't read THAT book yet, please don't attempt to read this one until you do. Seriously. Gin is experiencing emotional turmoil and of course, Finn attempts to break her out of her doldrums. This includes taking her to a gala at a museum showing the stolen and collected goods of Gins' former nemesis Mab Monroe.

The cover to Deadly Sting, except for the lack of blood, actually does this book justice for a change because it is exactly what Gin looks like after having to fight for her life and that of her friends at a Gala she didn't want to attend in the first place. Yes, there's lots of bodies. Yes, there's a new villain named Clementine. Yes, there's even a reunion, or sorts, between Gin and Owen that leads to some emotional moments. One can only hope that after the ending of Deadly Sting that we can expect to see more of Gin and Owen in the near future since they are, after all, perfect for each other unlike that asshat Donovan Caine.

There are a few surprises along the way involving a possible replacement for Mab Monroe, and Gin's revenge against a certain lawyer who has been out to get her since she killed his son. Like I said before, Gin has A LOT of enemies that she's made along the way. All of them want the eliminate her and become Mab's replacement.

Overall, Deadly Sting is a fast paced book that leaves you wanting the next book (Heart of Venom) so we can find out what happens to Owen and Gin and who the next villain will be. Definitely recommended to those who love a kick ass heroine who takes no prisoners while protecting those she loves.

*Recvd via Edelweiss on 12/12/2012* Expected publication: March 26th 2013 by Pocket Books

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Sting.

03/14/2013
42.0% "Chapter 13"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

mrsj OH my god... you have this already?

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews mrsj wrote: "OH my god... you have this already?"

I do :)

mrsj Major envy!!!

Veronica Great review. Now I feel a teensy bit better about Gin and Owen. :)

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews Veronica G. wrote: "Great review. Now I feel a teensy bit better about Gin and Owen. :)"

Oh you betcha! Owen actually does something really AMAZING for Gin in the end. I saw it coming, but, still it raised hopes that Jennifer will somehow bring them together soon!

message 6: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I think that after reading this book, I am loving this series more and more.

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews AH wrote: "I think that after reading this book, I am loving this series more and more."

That's awesome to hear!

Veronica That's awesome to hear. I was in a funk for days after the last book so this sounds more hopeful. Thanks!

message 9: by Zoe (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zoe I was so sad about Owen and Gin. I can already tell this is going to be a painful book but I want it SO much!