Monica Williams's Reviews > Happy Accidents

Happy Accidents by Jane Lynch

Jun 12, 12

Read from June 10 to 12, 2012

I know Jane Lynch from her work on Glee. Sorry hipsters, those Christopher Guest movies are kind of lost on me. It's rare that I read a book and I can almost hear the authors voice reading it in my head. (Also I usually shun audio-books so this was at times very odd.) Then again I usually don't see the author on TV for 3 seasons of one of my favorite shows. Sorry Tina Fey, you are hilarious, but never seen an episode of 30 Rock and I only have faint memories of your Palin impersonations on SNL and Ellen I may have watched you come out on your sitcom, but I usually do not watch TV in the afternoons when your show is on. With that in mind I found myself reading/listening to this book more closely than I usually do. There is something very likable about Jane Lynch even when she admits to being an alcoholic drama queen, plagued with insecurities about so many things in life. When she finally starts getting it together and throughout the book she has many breakthroughs, which sometimes sound contrived and a little too neatly resolved or scheduled they are still believable. She isn't writing this to be funny, but to say here is me and here's how I got here. I don't know what else to say, but I liked it! (Not my most original thought- but I have 3 blogs to write later so I'm saving my strength).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Accidents.