Paige's Reviews > Picture This

Picture This by Jacqueline Sheehan

F 50x66
Jun 02, 2012

After reading the prequel to this book, "Lost & Found," I was excited to see where Rocky's life had taken her. In "Picture This," Sheehan's writing has the same wonderful flow that it did in the first book, and the characters of Rocky, Tess, Melissa, and Cooper are all as highly developed and complex as they were before. Once again I delighted in the role that Cooper, the dog, plays in the book. He's delightful and entertaining, and a testament to the bonds that can form between humans and animals. I plowed through this book incredibly quickly, as the action truly does sweep you along.

My one disappointment was that Hill's character took a bit of a backseat in this book, and seemed to disappear for odd lengths of time without explanation. I found myself often wondering, "Where's Hill in all of this," without ever receiving a convincing answer.

Still, the book was entertaining, fast-paced, and an enjoyable read. The characters and background are explained and presented in such a way that a reader doesn't necessarily have to have read "Lost & Found" to be able to enjoy "Picture This," but I would recommend it, as the first book definitely makes the second more enjoyable and would deepen a reader's understanding of the dynamics which Sheehan carries over between the books so well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Picture This.