Sharon Michael's Reviews > Along Came A Demon

Along Came A Demon by Linda Welch

Jun 02, 12

Read in June, 2012

Got this as a free download and found it quite entertaining. Interesting world-building and good characters with an slightly different twist on the psychic/police department involvement. The first part of the book was very well done, well choreographed progression and plot development. The last half of the book was not pulled together as well and there seemed to be quite a few 'loose ends' and unexplained circumstances. I also confess I did find myself somewhat annoyed at the suggestion that the main female character's attachment to the 'good demon' could have been partially due to the way 'demons' are able to sway the emotions of humans.

I did find the two main male characters a little less developed and somewhat stereotyped, the female character was much more vivid, with a more established presence. I also felt characterization of the 'demons' and their world and the discussion of the two factions in their world seemed a little under-developed in some way.

Hopefully, the weaknesses in the later part of the book are due to a first-book syndrome and additional experience and perhaps more aggressive editing will solve those issues with future books. Overall, a very entertaining read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along Came A Demon.