Ceej's Reviews > Jacked Up

3861945
Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012, challenges-12
Read on July 07, 2012

I was truly looking forward to this book. The snarky sister, Eve, was finally getting her book. Well I could have waited. I'm not sure if this book lacked something because it's the last of the siblings, or maybe McCarthy thought she needed to give a book so here! Whatever the reason, Eve was done a disservice.

Throughout the book Eve is presented as a bitter, immature, uptight chick. She's bitter because her brothers got to drive but she was discouraged. Point of fact, Eve never tells exactly how she was discouraged. Yeah her dad gives her crap for driving in a derby but it's more like a father protecting his baby girl. Her brother even gives her the car to drive and both brothers think it's pretty dang cool. So I was a bit lost about where all the bitterness and "poor little me" was coming from. Not to mention, she chose her path regardless of what anyone encouraged or discourged her to do.

Then there's Nolan. Not sure what really to think of him. I'm still wondering what was his whole deal. He's a jackman on Evan's team and he likes women who present a challenge. It's just something about him that I don't get.

The book starts with some pretty heavy tension and peters out around 50 pages in. It never picks back up, not even when they finally do the horizontal mambo. I'll never understand the immediate acceptance of a surprise birthday party by someone who is constantly being a true witch. Even less understandable is the Vegas chapel marriage. The only thing I could understand what Even handing him a postnuptual when he reveals he's tatted her name on his chest. Even that lacked the punch it should have since there was never any real chemistry between Eve and Nolan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jacked Up.