Morgana's Reviews > One Constant

One Constant by Dawn Kimberly Johnson

Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: dreamspinner-press, time-travel, give-me-more-i-need-a-sequel, re-reading-asap
Read on June 05, 2012 — I own a copy

Noooooooo!!! Damn it!! Somebody, please, tell me I got a faulty copy of this book and yours has an epilogue! This story can't end like that! Just CAN'T!!! I need more! Right f*cking NOW!!!!

Seriously, the story was pretty good and I loved it, but really, where's that damn epilogue?! WHERE???!!!

The fact that the whole thing ended on a hopeful note is far from enough for me. I loved these guys and they do deserve their HEA, so where the f*ck is it?! There had better be a sequel and soon!

Normally, I would rate this 4.5 stars. However, taking into account the unsatisfying ending I should cut down one star, which I always do in such cases. And yet, since I do hope that's not the end of Charleston and Barnaby's story and that there will be more, I'm rating this 4 stars.

And if there's no sequel in the foreseeable future? Well, you can do the math. That would be 3.5 stars I'm afraid... but let's stick to 4 (at least for now).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Constant.

06/06/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D OMG - TOTALLY TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Morgana Yeah, I KNOW!!! When I read the last page my reaction was:
'And that's it? The End? You've got to be KIDDING me!!!'
I do hope she will write a sequel. I want HEA for these guys!!

message 3: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D I know, I was dying. It was a really good story up until then and the paintings? *huge sigh* But COME ON!

message 4: by Dawn (last edited Apr 29, 2014 11:05AM) (new)

Dawn The sequel to One Constant is now available for preorder at Dreamspinner Press. It's called Right On Time: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

If you'd like to read an excerpt, you can find one here: http://bookworld.editme.com/Right-On-...

Morgana Yay! That's awesome! Thanks for letting me know about the sequel, Dawn *hugs*. I'm sooo going to buy it! :)

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn You're welcome, Morgana. I'm happy to do it. Your review was one of my favorites, and it got me to thinking about the characters and their HEA in more detail. I hope you enjoy it. :-D

Morgana I'm sure I will! :) And it's so nice to hear you liked my review :D

BTW, I must confess to feeling relieved when I saw the release date. Only two weeks of waiting (not months, thank God!) :D