Marie's Reviews > Silver

Silver by Talia Vance

Sep 02, 12

bookshelves: best-covers, 5-stars, awesome, gods-and-godesses, loved, favorites, favourite-series
Read from September 02 to 03, 2012

His face turns serious. “We should stop.”
“We should stop,” I repeat, hoping that if I say it out loud I can find the strength to follow through. We both know what could happen if we don’t.
Blake leans back, putting distance between us. He’s still breathing hard. We watch as the thread of silver light fades into the darkness.
I turn to face him. “You know, it wasn’t so bad.”
“What?”
“Carrying your soul around.”
“Better you than me.” He smiles at me and takes my hand.
“I might not mind … ” I let my voice trail off.
Blake pulls me into his lap in one smooth motion, laughing. “Yeah, well, you’re not the one who has to take on the black soul of a killer, are you?” His smile is the only thing that keeps him from getting blown right off this wall. “I know, I know. I need to work on my moves.”
I laugh with him. I’m still laughing when his mouth covers mine; then I’m lost in the scent of vanilla mint and the feel of his tongue as it twists with mine. And for once, I’m okay with the fact that I don’t know the answers, that my choices might all lead to the same inescapable place. I still have choices.
And I choose Blake.

I ABSOLOUTLEY, INDEFINATELY, POSITIVELY, UNDOUBTEDLY LOVED THIS.
AND BLAKE- HOT SMOLDERING SEXY GORGEOUS BLAKE.

this was amazing. I was entranced before I even read it. That cover? Beautiful!!

And then when I first met Blake I was a goner. I knew this series was going to be something great, I just didn't know how great!

I can't wait for the next installment. I feel like throwing a tantrum! I mean 2013?? Really. I need it pronto not next year :(!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver.

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Great review Marie. Sounds like a great book, but I refuse to start any new series where I have to wait forever for the next book!

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria totally agree with the previous comment as well!