Tam B.'s Reviews > Tall Tales and Wedding Veils

Tall Tales and Wedding Veils by Jane Graves

F_50x66
Jun 02, 12

Read on June 02, 2012

I tried this after it was recommended on the SBTB site. I was at the library and they had it on the shelves and seemed to be calling my name.

This was a really fun read. I liked how two people with strengths but inner insecurities face them via helping the other. Our heroine Heather, helps our sexy hero by believing in him. Tony, stands by Heather and shows her that she is worthy of attention. They didn't plan it but then end up being exactly what the other needs.

The hijinks come courtesy of the Heather's cousins wedding (with accompanying bridezilla and mother of bridezilla) and the extended family.

You can identify with Heather. I think we've all been in the situation of being measured against someone and felt lacking at some point. I think we all have members of family we'd rather not. Whilst this story paints those characters with broad strokes it stops short of caricature. I liked that the story gave us a hero we all know - that sexy player we know we'd never have a shot with - and gave him heart and substance.

Overall this was an entertaining read and I'll try more books by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tall Tales and Wedding Veils.