Melissa Simmons's Reviews > Looking Through Blind Eyes

Looking Through Blind Eyes by Reyna Hawk

Jun 08, 12

bookshelves: blog-tours, from-author-for-review
Read from June 02 to 06, 2012

Looking through Blind Eyes is the first of three books in the Janie Valentine series by Reyna Hawk. When the author contacted me about taking part in this blog tour, I was excited to get my hands on this book, it sounded action-packed and suspenseful. Definitely my kind of book!

The story starts in Los Angeles and spans the US, following Janie's journey. The action starts at the beginning and doesn't ever really let up; it's packed with twists and suspense that really help to move the story along.

The main character, Janie, is my only real complaint about this book. She knows her brother and pretty much every other man in her life is hiding something from her and she chooses not to ask questions. Instead she seems to just bury her head in the sand and ignore the glaring hints and warning signs that are flashing at her from every direction. Also, whenever something happens to her, her first instinct is to hide or let a man take care of things for her. It made it hard for me to like her.

I think my favorite part of the book was Rico, even though I was 98% sure he was a mobster, lol. There was something very intriguing about his character to me. He really made the book for me. I will definitely be reading the second installment to see what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking Through Blind Eyes.

06/05/2012 page 56