Melissa Rochelle's Reviews > Gone Girl

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: arc, mystery-suspense, marriage, read-2012
Read from June 01 to 02, 2012

I was hesitant to snag this prepub out of our box at work because I didn't have a good Gillian Flynn experience the first time around. I read Sharp Objects a few years ago and I didn't like the main character. She was a little too dark and twisty for my liking. But I've heard nothing but AMAZING things about Gone Girl for a couple of months now so I finally snagged it

This book is one of the best psychological thrillers I've ever read. I'm not terribly attracted to all of those thriller/mystery/suspense series books out there, so I'm glad this is a stand-alone and the last few psycological fiction novels I've read, I have enjoyed. I mean, Before I Go To Sleep and Sister were two of my faves last year, but those two books are child's play compared to the genius that is Gone Girl.

I can't even say a lot about it because I really don't want to spoil it for anyone else (I ruined it for Jesse because I HAD to talk about it). I mean, I couldn't put it down yesterday...I had to keep reading. It's such a good time!
37 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Girl.

Quotes Melissa Rochelle Liked

Gillian Flynn
“There’s something disturbing about recalling a warm memory and feeling utterly cold.”

Gillian Flynn
“People say children from broken homes have it hard, but the children of charmed marriages have their own particular challenges.”

Gillian Flynn
“Sleep is like a cat: It only comes to you if you ignore it.”

06/02/2012 page 78
18.0% "This might be considered a little spoilerish, but I really like how Flynn gave us a few Amy chapters, but then had Nick show us that her quizzes related back to Amazing Amy."
06/02/2012 page 220
51.0% "W.T.F."
06/02/2012 page 432
100.0% "O.M.G."

Jeanette Yep, omg and wtf were phrases I frequently spluttered during this book ! Utter brilliance

Barbara I couldn't get over the ending, never saw that comming?