Jessica's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Jun 07, 12

bookshelves: 2012, erotic, fiction, graphic, owned, romance, 5-stars-loved-it
Read from June 04 to 07, 2012

** spoiler alert ** If not for my book club, I doubt I would have read this book. But I am glad I did. If you're looking for advanced writing skill or other literary qualities, go elsewhere. Luckily I am not concerned with literary qualities in my reading - I want an escape from reality, and this book delivered in a big way.
Not everyone will like this book, clearly - just check the reviews, there are plenty of people who hated it. This was a guilty pleasure for me - reading about things I have little knowledge, escaping into a fantasy world of complex & contradicting emotions, taboo activities and some pretty hot and heavy sex.
Frankly I loved Ana and Christian, they are polar opposites that each have their issues. And they manage to begin to help one another address their issues and work thru them. I can't say I enjoyed the end, however. Inside, I was screaming "Stop, Ana! What are you doing?!?"
I can't wait to jump into book 2.

06/06/2012 page 247
47.0% "As Ana says many times - Oh my. Closest thing I can relate this book to is a drug addiction - there's a feeling that I shouldn't be reading this, but I cannot put it down! Somehow this book has me as entranced as Grey entrances Ana."