Eunice Biblioceraptor's Reviews > Grave Doubts / Heaven Sent

Grave Doubts / Heaven Sent by Meg Cabot

Jun 04, 12

bookshelves: guilty-pleasures-don-t-judge-me, recent-purchases-impulse-buys
Read from June 01 to 04, 2012

I enjoyed this as much as I did the first time I read it when I was 15.
I find it incredibly ironic that the last book, which is incidentally my favourite of the series, is called 'Twilight' in the US haha - and it came out before the Stephenie Meyer one, mind!
OK, so this is pretty much paranormal romance, and I generally hate romance [might be amongst the reasons why I didn't particularly like Twilight], however, the romantic aspect of this series was done well, I felt. I mean, the lead female still swoons about how hot the guy is, and describes his beautiful body (haha) but it wasn't as cringe-worthy.

And OK, there is an (view spoiler) ending, but it wasn't overly-easy to achieve (*cough* I'm looking at you, Breaking Dawn!). And I like that. The lead female had to make difficult choices, which conflicted with the views of everyone else, and had moral dilemmas to make. She is also strong and independent, despite how she has a penchant for a certain hot, old-fashioned, OLD, over-protective guy. (DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?) Except he's not a shit-bloke. So yeah. Case-in-point: you can be dependent without being a spineless, stupid bitch, and remain a good influence to young girls. Same with the guy issue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Doubts / Heaven Sent.

06/01/2012 page 104
24.0% "Sexy dead people." 5 comments
06/03/2012 page 184
43.0% "I love the bit where they are fighting but no one can see the ghost so it looks like the other guy is high."
06/03/2012 page 184
06/03/2012 page 219
51.0% "Study? What study?"