Jessica's Reviews > Midnight's Master

Midnight's Master by Donna Grant

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from July 14 to 18, 2012

Mmmm I absolutely love anything that has to do with Scottish/Irish men, so I knew I was in for a yummy treat with this book. With a Scottish warrior, Logan, traveling through time and arriving in modern day Scotland, what more could a girl wish for than to run into the handsome man himself? And that's exactly what happens to Gwynn when she goes there to find her missing father.

Gwynn's father disappeared without a trace, so Gwynn drops everything to travel to Scotland where her father was last known to be. While asking around about her father, who else would Gwynn run into but this extremely odd but incredibly handsome Scottish man who seems to be from the wrong time, equipped with a kilt and all? Logan feels Gwynn's magic from the moment he meets her, but she is oblivious to the very thing that makes her so special. So Logan takes it upon himself to take Gwynn under his wing while getting closer to getting what he wants; the tablet.

Now the storyline with the tablet and the different magical beings in this book were a little confusing to understand. Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention, but I wasn't exactly sure what the tablet did that everyone was after. I also think that Gwynn's relationship with her father wasn't really fully explained and was just hastily talked about. Other than that, though, I really enjoyed this book! The relationship between Logan and Gwynn was sweet and steamy at the same time and you could tell they both really cared about each other, even though they hadn't know each other for that long. And I loved the other couples in the book! I don't know if they were from another series that Donna Grant wrote, but they were all so cute and I loved being able to hear about they relationships.

So overall, this was a really good book with a great storyline! If you get past some confusing parts, it really was a good story with gorgeous Scottish men thrown in. I'm really interested to see who the next book is about (I'm hoping one about Camdyn and Saffron shows up in the future!) and I hope I can get my hands on a copy soon! I can't wait to see what's in store next for theses dark warriors!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight's Master.