Betsy Horvath's Reviews > Tangle of Need

Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

Jun 10, 12

Read from June 01 to 02, 2012

I love Nalini Singh's Psy-changling series, but I have to say that this book was not one of my favorites. My rating should probably be a 3.75 rather than a solid 4 - I just didn't connect with the main couple (Adria and Riaz).

That being said, the book is extremely well written, as Ms. Singh's books always are. It was fascinating to see the escalating war between the Psy and the changelings, as well as the internal struggles in the psy community itself. For the first time we were also given glimpses into the minds of two other Arrows, and I'm hoping one or both of them will be heroes in other books.

I think the reason I didn't connect with the main couple was because Hawk and Sienna play such a large role in the book. They are my favorite couple in the series, and I loved their book (Kiss of Snow). I found myself skimming over Adria and Riaz so I could get to scenes with Hawk and/or Sienna. If Hawk and Sienna's subplot had been less extensive, I might have enjoyed Adria and Riaz more. Or maybe I would have enjoyed the book less - it's hard to tell.

**Edited to add - I just read most of the book through a second time. In the first half I was all about Hawk and Sienna and could have cared less about Riaz and Adria. However, in the second half Hawk and Sienna drop back, and I really enjoyed the Riaz / Adria story**

Also, this book cannot stand alone. You really need to have read the rest of the series for it to make sense. You'll at least need to read the first five or six books to have an understanding of what's going on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangle of Need.