Sarah Blair's Reviews > The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls

The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand

Jun 21, 12

I have to say I feel especially privileged to get my hands on this little gem before everyone else. So, I most certainly will not be giving away any SPOILERS. I'm sure Victoria, the main character, would not look highly upon THAT.

Instead, I shall gush about how this book made me feel and what a truly amazing writer Claire Legrand is. As much as I would like to be jealous of her, I just can't. I admire her talent TOO MUCH to be jealous of it. She sucked me into Victoria's world from the very first sentence. There were only three reasons the book ever left my hand at all:

1. Trips to the bathroom. I did not take it with me because... ew... gross.
2. Eating. This book was too wonderful and beautiful to risk spilling ANYTHING on.
3. I had to pace myself because I didn't want it to be over. EVER.

This was imaginative and inspiring, and all around perfection! I can't wait for the rest of the world to discover this book. I will definitely be recommending it to everyone who loves a good creepy tale with solid, beautiful writing, and amazing characters. I absolutely cannot wait for more from Claire Legrand! She is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Watch out!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls.