Alyssa's Reviews > Beneath the Shadows

Beneath the Shadows by Sara   Foster

Jun 01, 12

Read on June 01, 2012

I haven't been to the area in which this book is set (North Yorkshire), but I have been on the moors, and the atmosphere that Sara Foster creates is perfect for what I remember of driving across the moors towards Whitby.

Part of my enjoyment of this book was its setting, the small cottage in Roseby, snug and cluttered, the sort of place where I'd like to live someday. The other was the mystery that kept me turning the pages. Why would Grace's husband leave? and why would their baby daughter be outside the cottage in her pram when he wasn't there? The mystery unfolds, and I was glad to be kept guessing, as often (in most books) I can figure out the puzzle before it's revealed. However, I definitely caught some of the foreshadowing, though I won't give away which bits, as I don't want to ruin it for anyone else.

Now that I've read this one, I'll have to go pick up her other work, and I hope that she'll be releasing more books soon.

(review copy from netgalley)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beneath the Shadows.