BookHookup's Reviews > Intangible

Intangible by Jen  Meyers

Jun 01, 12

Read in May, 2012

This book captured my attention from the very beginning. Luke and Sera are twins with special powers. He can see the future and she can heal others. When Luke sees Sera’s death with just enough clarity to scare (and confuse) him at the very beginning of the book, I was hooked.

Although the story slowed down after Luke’s vision as we were introduced to additional characters and provided with more information about the twins, it soon sped up and set its course towards the scene that I was waiting for…Luke’s vision and what would happen when it actually came to be.

This book is filled with characters to enjoy. The bond between Luke and Sera was very well written. Their interactions were intelligent and their banter was quick and witty. Fey and Jonas are secretive, mysterious and strong. Marc is a tortured soul who can have you simultaneously feeling angry and sorry for him. This book has seers, healers, mind readers and vampires and, although you may think it would be confusing, it’s not…it actually works. And, I can see how all these different characters will contribute to many adventures in the future.

One of the aspects I enjoyed most about the story was that the author provided me with several points of view. I experienced the story from several angles and was able to step inside the thoughts and experiences of these characters. It made me feel like I knew and understood them. So, with that in mind I was a bit confused by a situation with Marc at the end of the book because it went against what I thought I knew about him. It didn’t diminish the ending or my enjoyment of the book but I can only hope that it’s a ploy by the author and that she plans to set things right in the next book. The story ends in such a way that this could definitely be a stand-alone book. But I’m glad that it’s only the first in a series and that we’ll get to see more from these characters and this world!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intangible.