Paul's Reviews > The Amateur

The Amateur by Edward Klein

Jun 01, 12

Read in June, 2012

Although the intellectual level and writing style found in this book is not nearly as polished as I'd've liked it to be, I will not count that as a negative at all, simply because the people who most need to read this are those who would most likely not understand, or at least endure, anything much deeper or much more sophisticated.

Why do I say that? Simply because much of the content in this book is readily apparent to any intelligent, open-minded, globally-aware, inquisitive person. It's those reflexive, unintelligent, or close-minded ideologues who would never otherwise find themselves faced with such a robust, consolidated indictment of facts against Obama—and that is exactly what this is: a clear, delineated, and organized account of Obama's many missteps, miscalculations, and mistakes, for all of which he refuses to acknowledge error, let alone learn from them.

At the very least, we—the voters—can learn from them, and make better decisions, as a result.

Yes, it's unconstitutional to make this required reading for all voters this November... but, what a much more educated electorate that would be, wouldn't it? At the very least, though, everyone should voluntarily open their minds enough to read and recommend this (again, it's not a difficult or redious read), and maybe—just maybe—it can make a bit of a difference.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amateur.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marty (new)

Marty Nalley Yes, before the '08 election the facts about Obama were there for all to see. Unfortunately lots of people didn't pay attention and got caught up in the cult of personality. It didn't help any that the Republican Party put up such a weak candidate in John McCain.