Brianna's Reviews > The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge

The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge by Christine Nolfi

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from July 10 to 11, 2012

I received my copy of “The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge” through the Goodreads First Reads program, and I am very happy that I did.

This book is about a woman named Ourania who seems to have closed her heart and life to anything but work. She is an electrician, making her way fairly successfully in a “man’s world.” She takes on a job at the Fagan mansion, and she is then bombarded by many memories…most that still haunt her and that have made her the closed off person she is today. In her teens, she was friends with Jason Fagan, and had a very mixed love/hate relationship with his brother Troy (more hate than love…). One night their hate for each other turned into passion and they made love, both recognizing their true feelings for one another but never acting upon it. Several weeks later Jason was murdered, and as a result, Troy and Ourania never reconnected, and essentially their adult lives were shaped by that tragedy for which they both blame themselves.

In the meantime, while working at the mansion, Ourania becomes a foster mom to two children – Walt and Emma. They are sweet children who have been in an abusive home with their father, and their mother has passed away. They become attached to Ourania and she to them, as her heart begins to open up and see what she has been missing in her life. Seeing the way the children react to their father makes Ourania want to adopt the children…but will she be able to?

I don’t really want to write a spoiler, because this book deserves a read. It is full of interesting characters, situations, and hard choices. I definitely recommend this story to people who enjoy a little bit of mystery in their books, who enjoy eloquent writing and descriptions, and who want to read a story with a happy ending. I believe that this book is a great read and deserves more recognition, which I hope it will receive!

Thanks again to Christine and Goodreads First Reads for allowing me to receive, read and review this lovely book.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge.

07/10/2012 page 110

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine Nolfi Brianna, a thousand thanks for graciously taking the time to read and review my latest release. As an adoptive mother of four, I didn't find the writing easy to produce. It's a thrill that the book's message spoke to your heart.