Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Weekends Required

bookshelves: adult, contemporary-romance
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: The SM peeps
Read in June, 2012

Photobucket

2.5 stars. I'm going to go with definition number one : pleasing; agreeable; delightful

In this case, nice ended up being pretty close to :

Photobucket

First off, let me disclaimer that this book wasn't bad. In fact, Weekends Required was pretty standard CR fare : one couple is attracted to each other, yet they fight their feelings for a while until something happens to bring them together. Throw in a few small obstacles to further the plot along the way and there you go. Standard formula. By all reason, this book probably deserves at least a 3 star minimum rating because it's honestly not bad for a CR. However, when taking my enjoyment into consideration (I'm probably pickier than the average romance reader), I couldn't go higher than a 2.5, which is just shy of 'average' for me, since I'm rounding down instead of up.

Some authors manage to work the formula better than others, whether it's by adding in some laughs, or amping up the steam. These are the books that get either a 3, 4, or the rare 5 star rating from me.

Weekends Required ran somewhere along the lines of definition 1 - nice : pleasing; agreeable. Delightful doesn't really qualify in this case.

However there did happen to be one delightful scene. It's hard not to be amused when the female lead is forced to jump out of a cake at a bachelor party for her boss's friend. Especially when the boss is the potential love interest. Talk about embarrassing!

My thoughts in a nutshell :

I wasn't completely bored with the entire book (there were some good parts).
I neither liked nor disliked this book.
I thought it was pleasant enough to pass the time.
I was mildly entertained during the sex scenes.
I found myself wondering why our heroine was accident prone.
I still hate the use of the nickname baby.
I got tired of Danvers referring to Claire as 'the stripper.'
I failed to care what happened with the story of the mother.
I wasn't sad to see it end.
I doubt I'll remember much about this story.
I doubt I'll read the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weekends Required.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stacia (the 2010 club) Haha, thanks. I didn't mean to sound like such a downer, so hopefully honest works in a good way. I just realized that I forgot to add in the one fun positive. Guess I'll go do that now...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Stacia ~ the professional insomniac wrote: "Haha, thanks. I didn't mean to sound like such a downer, so hopefully honest works in a good way. I just realized that I forgot to add in the one fun positive. Guess I'll go do that now..."

I didn't mind at all, my lovely. I won't read it...

message 4: by Becs (new)

Becs Good review Stacia - think 'meh' pretty much sums up how you feel about this book!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I've actually used the term 'meh' in a few reviews! It's a 100% technical term, right?

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ LOL @ ur review...too many funny things...great job!

message 7: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Dang, I wish I had of read your review first!! I bought this book at the grocery store today!! Serves me right, I certainly didn't need to add yet another TBR to my mountain that I already have!!LOL

Stacia (the 2010 club) It wasn't a bad book or anything like that, so you might still find it pleasant enough. The story is just a very basic contemp. romance. I just looked at my review notes though and it is true...I don't remember much of anything about the book.