Hilary's Reviews > Such is Life

Such is Life by Angel A. Walker

Jun 01, 12

Read in May, 2012

Such Is Life is a witty, romantic-comdey movie styled novel. Angel took the classic elements from a rom-com movie and flawlessly twisted them into even more melodramatic and awkward situations (but in a good way). Every single character was perfect and fit together so effortlessly it really felt like you were reading someone's life story. There was the eccentric mother, the troubled but very loving father, the obnoxious and protective brother, the very obnoxious sister-in-law, the best friend whom you love/hate all at once, the crazy exes that always try to ruin your life, and of course the lovely main character who was a former chubby girl. I couldn't get enough of the characters. They sucked me in and made me believe in them, feel for them, and want to slap them around at times too.

THEN you have the plot that was so ridiculous and weaved such a strong story of adventure, love, friendship and drama that you just couldn't say no. I barely put this book down! It rose and fell perfectly without any issues. I could easily see this book being turned into a movie (I imagined the whole thing in my mind like it was a movie while reading it). I can't express enough how outstanding the writing is in this novel. Angel took such a simple and overused - a girl who wasn't popular in high school, grows up to be successful, goes back to her hometown and sees all of her exes only to have her life turned upside down by her assistant! - and turned it into a completely magical adventure.

I highly recommend this novel to anyone who likes a light hearted novel that is not only superbly well written but takes you on an adventure that you would never imagine. AND some of the best news is, THIS IS ONLY BOOK ONE!!!! This novel is officially on my favorites list and I plan to read it again whenever I need that extra dose of something special.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such is Life.