Lisa's Reviews > Chasing Magic

Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reading-challenge, dark-and-brooding, drugs, ghosts, magic, paranormal, soul-stealing-baddies, urban-fantasy, witches, zombies
Read from June 27 to July 12, 2012

Loved it! Wow, just, wow. After the last book, I was a little worried how things were going to progress. Meaning that though I really liked #4, Chess was a bit too *nervous* compared to her "oh, well, fuck it" attitude in the previous installments. However, Kane wracked it up a level and brought on more of a give and take between the extremes - so Chess was much more balanced. Chess has certainly grown, despite an addiction that appears to be spiraling out of control. *Cough* (view spoiler)! *Cough* Which I am hoping is the catalyst to recovery. But, man, can I see that being a gut-wrenching journey to take with Chess - in fact, my stomach is clenching just thinking about it. I am also hoping that some of the questions posed by Blue in #4 regarding her skepticism with the Church and why the ghosts, seemingly without explanation, became homicidal, are addressed.

Does anyone here know what the expected publication date is for #6? Like to start marking my calendar now, thank you. Waiting is much easier if you know just how long the wait is going to be. There is a study out there that proves that... just saying ;-)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Magic.