KT's Reviews > Leif

Leif by Abbi Glines

Jun 01, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal, series, fantasy, 2012, angels-demons, horror-ghosts-zombies, young-adult
Read from July 06 to 07, 2012

I've always felt bad for Leif. Loving someone so dearly and getting so close only to have them forget about you the next day. Leif had always had good intentions yet Pagan always assumed the worst of him. Though I can understand why she likes Dank and not Leif, I felt she could've at least said one last "goodbye" or a "sorry" before she left with Dank. Leif's story was so pitiful yet Pagan failed to see how good of a person he truly was.

Leif is such a kind and caring person, he deserves someone who loves him back. Therefore, I'm glad that Pagan left with Dank, she would've never been able to love Leif the way she loves Dank.

And just to further my point on how sweet Leif is, here's a short conversation between Pagan and Leif.
"Why did you want me to remember those times? The ones you’d picked out for me to dream about?”
I stopped and turned to stare directly at her. “Because those were the times I fell a little more in love with you.”

My goodness, I just melted.

The ending of this book hinted toward the possibility of Leif (view spoiler) I really hope Abbi Glines will continue where Leif's story left off and give him a chance at finding his own happiness. If she creates a spin-off of the "Existence" series, I will definitely get my hands on it the day of it's release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leif.