Book Angel Emma's Reviews > Dads, Geeks and Blue Haired Freaks

Dads, Geeks and Blue Haired Freaks by Ellie  Phillips

Jun 01, 12

bookshelves: guest-reviews

Review by Madison

Although getting a birthday card from your Dad on your birthday should be completely normal, for Sadie it is anything but. You see, Sadie's Mum had artificial insemination via a sperm donor website. Therefore, you can imagine how surprised Sadie is to receive this particular birthday card.

At first Sadie thinks it is some kind of cruel joke, but then she starts wondering what it really would be like to meet her biological father. The things that go through her mind are completely understandable after all we all have certain traits that can be attributed to our parents, Sadie only has one half of the equation in order to figure out who she is.

I really enjoyed this book, it was a fun, light-hearted read that was refreshing. I especially liked the use of the different hairstyles Sadie's associated with each day, a quirky little trait that she used to show how her day had gone.

I really liked how this book made me giggle out loud at the things that happened and the things Sadie said.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dads, Geeks and Blue Haired Freaks.