Mindy's Reviews > Shades of Gray

7190668
Jun 14, 12

bookshelves: dream-reader-dreamer2229-blo
Read on June 01, 2012

In a recent review I said I was over vampire books, but this series could make me change my mind. Granted it’s not all vampires, but it’s very clever. The Covenant is a group in charge of keeping the supernatural world in working order. The main character, Jude, finds out that the things that go bump in the night are really the things from nightmares in “Shades of Grey.” Jude is an orphan who makes a living doing odd jobs. She has no family, was orphaned at birth, raised by nuns, lived on the streets as a teen-age runaway, and meets her first vampire when she is pretending to be a psychic. Of course, she doesn’t initially know he’s a vampire, just that he scares her.
“Shades of Grey” is a taut, intense story about Jude finding out who she is, why she is, and who her family is. “Shades of Desire” continues the story of Jude and her coming into power. It gives more information about the Covenant, what it is and how it works. It also explores the balance of power between the Covenant and the vampires in New Orleans.
L.M. Pruitt has written an intense series that has drama, humor, paranormal, heart, romance, and tons of action. There is something here for everyone. The fast paced read keeps you drawn into the story and the plot keeps you intrigued. The characters make you care what happens to them, a true feat for any author.
I give this series 4.5 out of 5 clouds.

This product or book may have been distributed for review; this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Gray.