Yuu Sasih's Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Sloan Parker

Jun 01, 12

bookshelves: adult, drama, fiction, glbt-lit, mystery, romance, favorites
Read in June, 2012

Lincon was just free from his six month jail sentence for the accident he caused a year ago. Back home, he quickly attracted to a young man named Jacob Miller, who he later knew as the husband of the woman he killed in the same accident that sent him to jail. Both Lincon and Jay was overwhelmed in their own guilt--one to attracted to the person he'd hurt the most, and one to betray his late wife with an affair with the same person who killed his wife. But both of them also can't deny the growing passion that cannot be stopped between them.

I'm always a sucker for hurt/comfort love stories. Moreover when the story is complicated and both party in love is struggling to heal themselves and the other. Breathe was everything my soft spot needed. Both Lincon and Jay were so drown in their sadness and problem, and only with meeting each other they could slowly moved on--from the accident that killed Katie and haunted them both. The plot is so smooth, and though I have guessed who had sent Lincon the threat-mails from the beginning, the mystery was kept so nice I started to doubt myself couple of times.

Nice story. I'll probably look up for another Sloan Parker's work after this.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.