Simon's Reviews > When Santa Fell To Earth

When Santa Fell To Earth by Cornelia Funke

Jun 12, 12

bookshelves: almost-never-read
Read from May 31 to June 08, 2012

This book was sweet, sweet as candy on Christmas.

The name Ben as a main character has been used by Funke before, but I figure why is because it is an very innocent name to portray a very innocent child character.

I like the Ben in this story and I love the Ben in Funke's epic piece; "Dragon Rider"

The characters themselves were sweetly created and very interesting, far from your regular Christmas story.

I loved the angels and of course, Charlotte. I imagined her to be (while she is of course her very own person) imagined her to be like the role of Guinevere in "Dragon Rider".

However, the characters or Charlotte and Ben have the potential to become love interests later.

The plot of this story was a thrilling adventure with real danger and magic all over. The conflicts among everyone were spot on excitement and had me eager to know what things would happen and to whom.

I liked the idea of Nutcracker soldiers and turning Santa's into chocolate, that was a terrifying and very new way to twist the demise of good by evil. And turning reindeer into sausages? creepy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Santa Fell To Earth.