Pam's Reviews > Deliver Me from Darkness

Deliver Me from Darkness by Tes Hilaire

F 50x66
Jun 03, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, demons, m-f-romance, paranormal, series, urban-fantasy, vampire, paladin
Read on May 31, 2012

I was pleased with the first release in this new series. It's a classic tale of good versus evil filled with demons, vampires and numerous otherworldly creatures. Yet Ms. Hilaire has skillfully woven in numerous twists and turns in the background of her Paladin characters to make them and her book unique. To have Roland, one of those Paladins changed into a vampire and dealing with a dual nature is a great premise. She used his unusual situation, added in a rare female to their world and let us watch as creatures of the underworld tried to capture her. It added in angst, fear and lots of action, all while Roland and Karissa learned to trust and love each other.

In actuality the author weaves in just about everything I could want in a paranormal romance.There are nicely developed characters, a complicated plot with plenty of well spaced background information, vivid descriptions, a fast pace and nasty vampiric villains. There's even a long ago prophecy about Karissa's coming. What more could I want?

Please be aware that there a several points of views expressed here, including an adolescent femalevampire, and they all help to move the plot along. The last scenes are filled with action, danger and excitement, and I have to admit I was surprised at the ending. I look forward to the next look into the Paladin world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deliver Me from Darkness.