Emily's Reviews > A Reclusive Heart

A Reclusive Heart by R.L. Mathewson

May 31, 2012

bookshelves: abused-heroine, bikers, betrayal, bad-boys, boss-employee-romance, friends-to-lovers, humorous, series, tattoos, virgin, own-kindle
Read from July 21, 2012 to March 05, 2013

Jamie can't believe she has gotten the nerve to actually sign with Rerum publishing in two different capacities, one as editor to the clients she already had and the other as the next best selling author. The biggest hurdle for Jamie now is that although she signed, it didn't require her to leave the comfort of her home. A recluse who has always felt inferior in her family, Jamie doesn't even have a close friend to turn to during this new transition of her life.

Enter Nick, Nick playboy and flirt is amused by the baggy closed, bottle glasses, frizzy haired new hire at Rerum. If anything Jamie will be a source of entertainment for him to watch, until he realizes she is the author he wants to take under his wing. A makeover, a tour, and a revealed list of all the things Jamie want to do but has been to afraid to try. Nick's little recluse is full of surprises and the playboy is finding himself completely falling in love with her.

I thought this was adorable. Nick is a bit curt with Jamie in the beginning, but as you get to know him you realize that he is not able to relate to Jamie initially, but as she comes out of her shell a bit they find they have more in common than they think. Can't wait for more in this series.

**Better the second time around.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Reclusive Heart.

10/20/2016 marked as: read

JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog) Great review Emily. I love her Neighbor From Hell series. I have most of her other books but I do not know if I have this. Thanks for putting "Better the second time around." That will help when I read the first in the series and if it fall short for me to know the second is better.

Emily Capri wrote: "Great review Emily. I love her Neighbor From Hell series. I have most of her other books but I do not know if I have this. Thanks for putting "Better the second time around." That will help when I ..."

It is a fun one, I like that her characters are so quirky.