Carole Rae's Reviews > Seduction of the Phoenix

Seduction of the Phoenix by Michelle M. Pillow

May 31, 2012

Read from July 22 to 25, 2012

This is the first book I've read by Michelle M. Pillow and it is also the first book of the Zhang Dynasty series, which is one the many series written by this author. She is no newbie by any means.

Alright....I was rather confused during the first couple of chapters. When I picked this up I had thought that this was a historical romance and it did seem so! However, uploads, computers, cameras, and etc was mentioned and I was like: 0_0? I went onto goodreads and found out that this is a fantasy and sci-fi novel. All suddenly made sense and I was able to sit and enjoy the rest of the book.

I loved Jin! I loved him from page one. It drove me crazy that Francesca hurt him over and over again. Any lady would be lucky to win such a stud of a prince. Jealous? Who me? Yes. Even though Francesca was cold and mean at times, I really liked her too. You can't blame her for being her....if I went through what she had to endure, I would be like her too.

Jin and Francesca were great characters and they were made for each other. I also loved the side characters. Like Haun, Jin's older brother. Perhaps Michelle M. Pillow could write a book about me and him *wink wink*. Don't mind me. ^.^ But the book had a strong set of characters and it really made me want to read more! Some of the characters are guests from past books in other series. I may have to check out her other series.

Okay, the ending bothered me a little bit. It was so drawn out and I was in high doubt that Jin and Francesca would ever become one again. I was getting anxious and so I zipped through with reading until the last page. I know there is a second book in the series, but I wanted to know more! Like an epilogue or something. Oh well, I guess this was the authors way of making me read the second book. haha.

Besides for the slight confusion at the beginning, long ending, and small cliff at the end there was nothing else I can nick-pick about. I really enjoyed this book. Michelle M. Pillow had a way with words that had me wanting more. She has a way of presenting those lovely erotic scenes that had me hooked and smiling like a goon.

This was a fun book and I'm probably going to read more by this author. I would recommend this book to others who like romance, erotica, fantasy, and sci-fi type novels. If you like a light touch of historical feeling too. Jin and his people hold the strong traditions of their Chinese ancestors from Earth. Which I found interesting! Jin's people are descendants from Chinese people who left Earth and settled on their own planet. A pretty nefty idea. Anyways....I grant this story 4 stars.

Favorite Character(s): Haun (yum), Jin (great man), Francesca (a spit-fire that chica), Mei, and Fen
Not-so-Favorite Character(s): Emperor Zhang (he bugged me) and Great-Grandmother An

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction of the Phoenix.

07/22/2012 page 10
07/23/2012 page 127 "Slightly confused...0_0"

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Great review! I loled @ "and I was like: o_o?"

Carole Rae Amy wrote: "Great review! I loled @ "and I was like: o_o?""
Thanks Amy! :D