Alisia's Reviews > Spring Fever

4192719
May 31, 2012

Read in May, 2012

Written for : Beyond Reading

Spring Fever was so essentially... sweet. When I read the blurb, I thought it was going to be an explosive reuinion - exes arguing and rehashing the past to move on. I didn't expect it to be such a tentative, loving joining.

I think the characters were well-rounded through and through, with Annajane positively shining as a strong, dedicated heroine (despite ditching her marriage) and Mason being as honest as he was. Background characters tend to lack depth, being stereotyped without unique personality traits (not that it usually takes too much away from the book), but Mary Kay Andrews succeeded in adding depth to all her characters, giving each secondary character a personality that aided in the plotline.

The main conflict was a tad bit too dramatic where Mason's fiance and mother were concerned, and Annajane's fiance, Shane, was also an unneccessary abberation considering he provided no challenge or barrier.

I absolutely enjoyed Spring Fever, it was one of the 'cutest' books I've read in a long time, but I, perhaps, found it a little too relaxing (if you get my drift) and I felt there was a slightly loose end concerning Celia (Mason's fiance), as she sounded she was cooking up some grand scheme towards the ending there that never showed itself. I'll be looking for more titles by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spring Fever.

Nancy I'll also be looking for more books to come by Mary Kay Andrews. So far I think I've read everything she's written and enjoyed them all. I think my favorites were her Southern series.

Alisia Nancy wrote: "I'll also be looking for more books to come by Mary Kay Andrews. So far I think I've read everything she's written and enjoyed them all. I think my favorites were her Southern series."

Lol, it seems as if she has no qualms about keeping us on our toes!