Rebecca Alora's Reviews > Dark Frost

3020605
Jun 02, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, books-read-in-2012, favorite-series
Read from May 31 to June 02, 2012

The third installment of the Mythos Academy series had a lot to live up to. Jennifer Estep magnificently delivered. This may not be the most outstanding book of the series, but the thing I've noticed is that these books are fairly consistent with their awesome quotient. To say the least, Dark Frost is a thrilling, excitable, and suspenseful ride that will have your head pounding from start to finish.

Once again Gwen shows that she belongs in the girl hero section. She remains likeable and resourceful, facing down everything that comes her way the best she can. Lucky for the Pantheon her best is pretty darn good. Then again, Gwen is just a really good person.

The romance cranks it up a good two or three notches. Logan freaking Quinn. That boy is like the best "eye candy" I've read all year other than Jennifer L. Armentrout's Daemon of Obsidian. Can I get a witness? LOL AMEN! I like that the romance progresses and doesn't immediately become some kind of instalove Twilight-esque story. They've had a pretty organic growth as far as relationships are concerned.

And can we please talk about her ever expanding social circle? Yeah she has her best friend, but she's making other ones. She started out as a complete and total pariah at Mythos. People are starting to notice that Gwen is the shiz.

I really love the twists in this book. You can tell it was set up from previous books, a fact that gives me great peace. It makes me feel like the books were planned out plotwise and aren't being written for shock value. Don't get me wrong. The book has shock value in leaps and bounds.

Also I want a Fenrir wolf pup. That is all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Frost.

05/31/2012
22.0% "I am so excited that this book is out!! But I'm sad at the same time because I know that once I finish it I have to wait for FOREVER for the next book!"