Lauren (Northern Plunder)'s Reviews > The Silent Grove

The Silent Grove by David Gaider

Oct 09, 2014

bookshelves: books-for-review, owned-ebooks, graphic-novel, read-during-college, reviewed, 2012-book-challenge, series-to-complete, wishlist-read
Read from May 31 to June 01, 2012

This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I received a digital copy of this graphic novel from netgalley and whilst I had a few troubles as mentioned in other graphic novels read this way I didn't have so many this time because most of the font was large enough to not be over pixelated. Any how obviously I'm a fan of Dragon Age and even though I didn't complete the game (it's not my fault, I'm a hoarder, it's a disease!) I had played enough to let my inner nerd completely devour this book page by page and end up pretty wowed by it all. The art work is also beautiful and its a lovely touch that it was in colour - a lot these days go for a black and white theme so this was a refreshing change - especially because the colours were so bright and vibrant, even for the darker characters. This graphic novel follows King Alistair on a long and dangerous quest to find the answers of his fathers disappearance, I guess its also to find some inner peace as he's only King because there is no one else left, I loved this story as we got to see a few different settings each one more beautiful than the last, and of course a wonderful dragon that was breath taking. At 82 pages this book is a little on the short side for me BUT it is only part one, I hope to stick around for the sequel because its certainly set up a great adventure to follow with many questions that I want answered too!
Recommend? As with every graphic novel I review my answer is the same - Do you like graphic novels? Do you enjoy Dragon Age or simialr games? If yes, read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silent Grove.

10/09/2014 marked as: wishlist-read