Kt's Reviews > Blue-Blooded Vamp

Blue-Blooded Vamp by Jaye Wells

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: covers-to-buy, received-for-review
Read in May, 2012

Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

After the harrowing events of the last installment, Sabina has only one goal in mind. Revenge against Cain, for destroying everything she holds dear. She's bound and determined to kill him, even if it is the last thing she ever does. Problem is that doing so comes with the steep price of the deaths of the seven people closest to her, a sacrifice she isn't willing to make. But a powerful mage that goes by the name of Abel may just know of another way to defeat Cain. Problem is, he has his own agenda and secrets that will forever change everything Sabina has ever known. It will be a fight to the bitter end with everything and everyone on the line.

As I think back to where this series started, I cannot believe just how much Sabina has grown. Don't get me wrong, she is still the same Sabina at the core, stubborn, obstinate, and one heck of a fighter. But the past few months have really shown her so much that she been able to finally let go of a great deal of her anger to become who she was really meant to be. In fact, she's grown so much that everyone else is finally taking her seriously and giving her the respect she deserves. But, more importantly she has finally started to accept herself, both the good and the bad, and she is so much stronger for it. In addition to her own self-acceptance, she has also learned some very hard lessons, including how to trust others and knowing when to ask and accept help.

Everything in this series to date has been leading up to the final showdown with Cain. I especially enjoyed the pacing of the build up to that final battle and then the aftermath was handled. In many final installments, 3/4 of the story will preparation leading into an extremely intense ending that a lot of time ends rather abruptly, not leaving the reader much of a cool down before everything is said and done. In Blue-Blooded Vamp, the pacing was much more even as the action was incredibly intense throughout the entire book rather than just the ending. Then one the final showdown was completed, the story continued for a while in resolution, giving that much needed break from the action while still continuing on. What was even better was the inclusion of the epilogue. I am a huge huge fan of these, as I love the chance to see where the characters end up in the future after their troubles are finally behind them. I'm a sucker for a happy ever after, no matter what form it takes.

I got everything I could have wanted and more from this final installment in the Sabina Kane series. Everything about it just screams epic and intense making for a seriously thrilling roller coaster of a read. Yet in between the almost non-stop action there are still stolen moments of emotion that really pulled my heartstrings, and only dragged me further into the story. Blue-Blooded Vamp could not possibly have been any more perfect of a conclusion to the amazing Sabina Kane series.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue-Blooded Vamp.